Monday 4 January 2010

The first day i wear hijab,

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim..

Yup, as the tittle mentioned, it was on 3hijrah, Friday, last year. Why & how come I finally did… its a longer story. But what did I faced that day, was so unexpected and indeed funny in a way. Haha. See im laughing to myself, when I think of it.

So yup, I had usual lecture practically from 9am-5pm. Through out the day, I bumped into few friends and surprisingly it was my non-muslims friends who reacted the most that day for my new “look”, as how they call it. So, among the reactions were:

  1. Hey what happened to you? *(Malaysian “slank”- Hey what happened to you la wey?)
  2. Hey, is that you?
  3. Why does your head wrapped up? Is the cold weather that bad?
  4. Hey I never seen you like this?
  5. Is there something wrong happened to your head?
  6. Why suddenly you’re wearing it? I thought you’re the modern muslim?
  7. Hey I didn’t recognize you!
  8. So sad, now I can’t see your sexy hair anymore!
  9. Did you wear it because of someone?
  10. Aiiik, but why only now you wear it huh?

Hoho, those were the unthinkable reactions that honestly I was not expecting of it at all. Because on the first place, I thought my non-muslims friends would not even care, and as I was only expecting reactions from my muslims friends. It was so unexpected, that I practically stunned and didn’t even know how to answer each different question. But one thing helpful my housemate told me,... 'just smile'. No need to answer anything, they will understand later and except you in every way if they are your true friends. So yup that was exactly what I did through out the day. Only few days later I try to explain bit by bit, to those who keep on asking me about my new change, as they were indeed curious to know, why…..why only now?

Ya, allah forgive me for not being a good muslim after all this time. Forgive me for all my sins.

p/s: this is just a sharing, that I hope can help you if you were to be in the same shoes, iA in the near future. Love you sisterJ. And sorry if my writing is so laid back, as this is the very first time I ever write. Heee.

and to my “akak3 naqibah sayang”, hopefully with this entry “terlaksana lah” my promise to share about this. Sorry it takes such a long long long time to write it down. Hihi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice writing dear sis. keep it up ok?

zahrah said...

iA :-)

Post a Comment